Rai (Japanese origin) name meaning “thunder or lightning” is a very common name in the Japanese naming culture.
What name means lightning?
Baby Names That Mean Storm Or Lightning
- ADAD. Adad is a short but powerful storm name for baby boys. …
- BARAK. Barak is a storm name that connotes power and grace at the same time. …
- BARAN. Baran is a name that is Kurdish in origin. …
- FOUDRE. …
- GALE. …
- HADAD. …
- HANISH. …
What Japanese name means electricity?
The name Denki means electricity or electrical.
What Japanese name means Firefly?
What is a Japanese name for thunder?
The name “Raijin” is derived from the Japanese words kaminari (雷, meaning “thunder”; on-reading rai) and kami (神, meaning “god”; on-reading shim or jin).
What girl name means lightning?
Girl Names That Mean Lightning
- Aashni (Hindi Origin) one of the female names that mean “lightning”
- Adhira (Sanskrit Origin) meaning “divine white lightning”
- Damini (Hindi Origin) meaning “lightning”
- Elektra (Greek Origin) means “amber” or “incandescent”. …
- Kaminari (Japanese Origin) word for “thunder”
What boy name means lightning?
Boy Names That Mean Lightning
- Aratiri (South American) “bolt of lighting”
- Barak (Hebrew) “lightning”
- Foudre (French) “lightning”
- Kidlat (Filipino) “lightning”
- Mellan (Irish) “little lightning”
- Pailan (Armenian) “lightning”
- Petir (Indonesian) “lightning”
- Rai (Japanese) “lightning”
What names mean thunderstorm?
Names Meaning Thunder
- Adad (Assyrian- Babylonian origin) Name derived from Babylonian “God of Thunder” is a very common name that is used to pay homage to the Thunder Gods.
- Boran (Turkish origin) name meaning a “thunder-storm”.
- Brontes (Greek origin) name meaning “thunder”.
What does Amaya mean?
a-ma-ya. Origin:Spanish. Popularity:347. Meaning:the end; pleasant place; heavenly valley.
What does Akira mean in Japanese?
a-ki-ra. Origin:Japanese. Popularity:1889. Meaning:bright, clear, ideal.
Does Kei mean firefly in Japanese?
The meaning of Kei is “beautiful” or “firefly” or “moon”. It is said to have originated from the Japanese language. It is also said to be the short form of the name Keiko.
What is Sora in Japanese?
Sora | 天 Sora is a given name for both males and females. Its meaning is “sky.”
Does Kei mean firefly?
蛍 means “firefly” and is usually read as “hotaru”. “Kei” sounds gender neut. Yamaguchi Tadashi 山口忠 Yamaguchi is the 14th most common surname in Japan. It’s also the name of a prefecture.
What does Pika mean in Japanese?
“Pika” is from pikapika, which means to sparkle or glitter. “Chu” is from chuchu, the Japanese word for the sound mice make. So put them together, and you get “Pikachu,” AKA “Sparkle Mouse Noise.”
What does Raiden mean in Japanese?
ray-din. Origin:Japanese. Popularity:806. Meaning:God spirit; God of thunder and lightning.
What does Katsuki mean in Japanese?
The name Katsuki is primarily a female name of Japanese origin that means Victorious, Season, Fragrance, Moon.