The name Milana is of Russian origins and the meaning of Milana is ‘favoured’. It comes from the Russian transcription ‘Milaya’, which comes from the East Slavic word ‘milu’, which means ‘dear’ or ‘gracious’. This is because the word ‘mil’ means ‘beloved’ or ‘sweetheart’.
What does Milana mean in the Bible?
In Czech the meaning of Milana is “gracious, favored.” In Russian the name comes from the Russian word “milaya” which in turn comes from the Old East Slavic word “mil” meaning “dear, beloved, pleasant, sweet.” So in Russian the name Milana means “dear, beloved, sweetheart, darling.”
Is Milana a pretty name?
Milana is a lovely choice in a name for parents drawn to the “dear” Mil- names. Mila is going gangbusters thanks to the talented actress Mila Kunis, but Milan and Milania are also flexing their muscles on the charts today. … Milan is the most gender-neutral sounding and obviously reminiscent of a place name.
What are nicknames for Milana?
- Nicknames: Mila, Lana.
- Famous people named Milana: Actress Milana Vayntrub; singer Milana Mišić; model Milana Keller; mixed martial artist Milana Dudieva.
- Fun fact: This name could also be a feminine-sounding tribute to the famed Italian city of Milan.
- More Inspiration: Marvelous M Names For Baby Girls,
Is Milana Italian?
The name Milana is a girl’s name of Italian origin meaning “from Milan”. This makes Milan sound like less of a place, more of a name.
What does Milana mean in Greek?
Greek meaning: Black.
What does Milana mean in Arabic?
Milana is Muslim name which means – Union; Meeting; Contract; Beloved.
What are the most unique girl names?
If you would like a name with a pretty sound, these unique girl names surely fit the bill.
- Annalise. A combination of the name Anna and Lise, this name is simple, pretty, and unique. …
- Calista. This name is the feminine form of Callistus, which means “most beautiful” in Greek. …
- Enya. …
- Allegra. …
- Avalon. …
How popular is the name Milana?
Name Statistic: Milana is ranked #3312 overall ↑ 64.
What is the meaning of the name Melina?
m(e)-li-na. Origin:Greek. Popularity:1249. Meaning:honey.
How many people have the name Milana?
Milana is the 95,510th most commonly used family name internationally, held by approximately 1 in 1,462,775 people.
What is a unique boy name?
The following are the trendiest unique names for boys in the United States in 2020:
- Sebastian. Although still a unique name for boys in the United States, Sebastian has been quite popular in Europe for many centuries. …
- Mateo. …
- Ezra. …
- Elias. …
- Silas. …
- Waylen. …
- Gael. …
How do you pronounce the name Milana?
Phonetic spelling of milana
What is the meaning of MIA name?
Mia is believed to originally stem from the ancient Egyptian word Mr, which means beloved. The name has since come to be linked to the Italian word mia, meaning mine, and is also recognized as a derivation from the Slavic word Mila, meaning dear or darling.