The Japanese have a naming tradition where names such as Miyabi and Miyu are popular, as the common elements Yu and Ya mean “evening” and “night” respectively. Tinuviel was invented by the Lord of the Rings author J.R.R Tolkein and means “daughter of the twilight”.
What Japanese girl name means night?
Kimi meaning “upright; righteous” is the perfect name for the unique female. This cute name means “night “ or “beach; seashore” in Japanese.
What Japanese name means darkness?
Kuragari (Japanese origin) meaning “darkness”.
What Japanese name means night child?
16) Miyako (Japanese): Japanese names can have multiple meanings, but spelled with certain kanji, this one means “beautiful night child”. 17) Nisha (Sanskrit): A sweet Sanskrit name meaning “night”.
What Japanese name means midnight?
1. Amaya (F) (Japanese Origin) meaning ‘rain at night’ is a girl’s name. This name comes close to Amiya Steed, an American actress.
What does the name Akari mean?
Akari is a girl’s name. With these kanji, its meaning is “red plum.” There are other ways to write it, and it could even be spelled phonetically with hiragana or katakana.
What Japanese name means moon?
Tsuki (Japanese origin) means “moon or lunar”.
What name means dark night?
Nisha. This name comes from the Indian origin and means dark or night.
What name means shadow in Japanese?
Kage (Japanese origin) means ‘shadow’ in Japanese.
What name means moon?
Names that mean moon
- Mona — Old English (girl)
- Luna — Latin/Spanish (girl)
- Sasi — Thai (girl)
- Indu — Hindi (girl)
- Jaci — Native American (girl)
- Mahina — Hawaiian (girl)
- Hang — Vietnamese (girl)
- Neoma — meaning “new moon” in Greek (girl)
What is the rarest Japanese girl name?
Kiyoko is the rarest name on this list. It roughly translates to “pure child,” but can have different meanings depending on which Kanji characters parents choose.
What Japanese girl name means shadow?
Kage. ‘Kage’ means ‘shadow’ in Japanese.
What names means night sky?
Cassiopeia: In Greek mythology, Cassiopeia, along with her daughter Andromeda, was turned into a constellation. Celeste: Meaning “heavenly” in Latin, Celeste refers to the night sky.
What names mean Twilight?
List of Names with “Twilight” in Meaning
- Vikal. Meaning: #Twilight, #Evening, Close of the day, Origin: Hindi.
- Sandhiya. Sandhya Meaning: Born at twilight; name of the daughter of the god Brahma; Dusk; Perfection; Dusk; twilight; Evening; Twilight. …
- Sandhya. Baby Name : Sandhya. …
- Sandya. …
- Sayantani. …
- Sharvari. …
- Dwabha. …
What are dark names?
What are some dark names?
- Adrienne – the dark one (or the one from Hadria).
- Dusk – sunset.
- Gray / Grey – not a color, but a shade.
- Keir – dark-haired, dark-skinned.
- Lamya – dark complexion, in Arabic.
- Layla – dark or night in Arabic.
- Lisha – darkness before midnight, or short for Alicia or Felicia.
What does Akira mean in Japanese?
a-ki-ra. Origin:Japanese. Popularity:1889. Meaning:bright, clear, ideal.